Tropolite's Ultimate Bundt Cake Recipe
A bundt cake is the perfect way to show off your baking skills. This recipe from Tropolite will have your friends and family begging for more. Bundt cakes are traditionally very moist, and this cake is no different. The key to a good bundt cake is in the preparation. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking. Room temperature ingredients combine more easily and result in a more consistent cake.
For the cake
1 1/2 c. (3 sticks) butter, softened
2 c. granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional)
3 c. all-purpose flour
6 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. whole milk
For the Glaze
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp. whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- Bake the cake: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cooking spray a 12-cup bundt pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) until light and fluffy. Beat well after each addition of eggs.
- Blend in the almond and vanilla extracts until
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Mix in half of the dry ingredients with half of the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour in the milk and stir until completely combined, then stir in the remaining dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill a greased bundt pan halfway with batter and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake the cake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour over the cake before serving.
If you are worried about not having the ingredients to make this delicious cake, just grab a box of vanilla premix and get set to baking a dessert that will wow your guests!
Read More on How to Make Christmas Fruit Cake?