The Perfect Brookie recipe for Every Occasion
It’s the best of both worlds – a chewy, chocolatey brownie and a fluffy, buttery cookie, all in one. It’s the perfect treat for any occasion, from birthdays to holidays to family gatherings. We have the perfect brookie recipe that is sure to be a hit among even the pickiest of eaters!
Read more on The Secret to Making a Delicious Chocolate Filling
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 gm semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (you can also use a combination of dark and milk chocolate chips or chunks)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together melted butter and sugar until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients. Remember to not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand using a rubber spatula then stir in nuts if using.
- Spread half of the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan making sure to get it into corners. Place the remaining cookie dough on top of the first layer and spread evenly again making sure to get it into corners as well.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top if desired then sprinkle lightly with sea salt flakes if desired as well.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and center is just barely set when jiggled slightly.
- Allow it to cool before cutting it into bars or squares then serve & enjoy!
With its combination of chewy brownies and fluffy cookies all in one bite, this treat is perfect for any occasion—from birthdays to holidays to family gatherings.
The best part is that it can easily be customized depending on your preferences. So, if you feel like adding a layer of heavy whipped cream or ganache, you can rest assured to do so without lingering doubts.