How to Create Delicious Whipped Cream Cupcake Frosting
Nothing quite complements a cupcake like the perfect frosting. If you're looking for something light and fluffy, then look no further than whipped cream frosting! This delicious topping is easy to make and is guaranteed to take your baking game to the next level. Here's a simple recipe for making whipped cream cupcake frosting that is sure to impress.
To make whipped cream cupcake frosting you will need the following ingredients:
- Heavy whipped cream
- Icing sugar (also known as powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar)
- Vanilla extract
You can also use an electric mixer if you want a fluffier texture.
- Begin by pouring the heavy cream into your bowl or mixing bowl. Make sure that it is at room temperature before adding any other ingredients so that it whips up easily and quickly.
- Add in the icing sugar one tablespoon at a time while stirring constantly until all of the sugar has been incorporated into the mixture. Be sure not to overmix or else you may end up with lumps in your frosting later on.
- Once all of the icing sugar has been added, add in a pinch of cornstarch and stir until it is fully mixed in with the cream mixture. This helps to stabilize your frosting so that it doesn't become too runny when it comes time to spread it on your dessert!
- Lastly, add a few drops of vanilla extract for flavor and mix until everything is completely combined together.
Now get ready to whip! Using either an electric mixer or a whisk attachment on your hand mixer (or even just by hand) start whipping together the ingredients until they become light and fluffy - this should take about 3-4 minutes depending on how powerful your mixer is/how vigorous you are with your whisking!
And there you have it! Your cupcake frosting is ready to be served. Now, if you desire a touch of chocolate on your cupcake, you can pour a little bit of chocolate ganache over your frosting. Try it and you can thank us later!