Follow The Easy Steps On How To Make Banana Cake At Home
One bowl of delectable vegan banana cake prepared with mashed ripe bananas, walnuts, and whole wheat flour! This quick and simple eggless banana cake recipe is energizingly light, pillowy soft, and extremely moist. It is tasty and somewhat healthier than typical cakes.
So get to mashing and create this fast and simple cake if you have any ripe bananas lying around at home.
- Leavening Ingredients: baking soda and baking powder
- Dry Fruits
- Flavorings like vanilla extract or ground spices like ground cinnamon, allspice, cloves, or pumpkin as they give the cake a lovely aroma.
- Optional Ingredients like coconut flakes, chocolate
Instructions on how to make banana cake:
- Create a banana puree: Using a fork, mash four medium to large overripe or ripe bananas into a smooth consistency. The consistency should be smooth and free of pieces, so if necessary, you may also mash the bananas in a blender.
- To the mashed bananas, add 1/2 cup sugar, 2/3 cup of any neutral-flavored oil, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Stir thoroughly so that the sugar completely melts and the oil is combined with the banana puree.
- In a bowl, sift together 3/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and a dash of salt. If you don't have a sieve, you can use a whisk or a strainer with fine mesh instead.
- Gently combine (fold) the wet and dry ingredients. Use the cut-and-fold technique to fold. (Avoid mixing! Add extra water, almond milk, or light coconut milk if the batter appears to be too thick). The quality and texture of the whole wheat flour as well as the batter's consistency will determine how much water has to be added. Only include the additional liquids if the batter appears to be excessively thick.
- Add 10 chopped, halves-of-walnuts, and fold once more. Before adding the walnuts to the batter, prepare and chop them. You can also use raisins, pistachios, or any other nuts and dried fruits of your choice in addition to walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf pan (7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches) or round cake pan that has been oiled or lined (7.5 x 2 inches). Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350°F (180°C) in a preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. (The timing varies on the type of oven).
Slice and serve the Eggless Banana Cake plain with your tea or coffee while warm or after it has cooled! The cake keeps nicely for two to three days at room temperature. It will be fine if refrigerated after being wrapped in cling film or placed in an airtight container. When refrigerated, it keeps well for approximately two weeks. Additionally, the cake freezes nicely for a few months. Or if you are too lazy to bake cake from scratch buy our red velvet premix!