Easy & Delicious Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Everyone enjoys a good cake. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just because, there’s nothing like the taste of freshly baked cake with a generous helping of decadent buttercream frosting. But did you know that making buttercream frosting at home can be easy and delicious? Read on to learn how to make your own!
Read more on How To Make Cake Frosting
- Buttercream frosting recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients; in fact, all you need is just four simple ingredients.
- Unsalted butter - You will need one cup of softened, room-temperature butter. Be sure to use unsalted butter so that the flavor isn’t too salty.
- Powdered sugar - You will need four cups of sifted powdered sugar.
- Heavy cream or whole milk - You will need two tablespoons of either one.
- Flavoring - This could be anything from vanilla extract to almond extract or even peppermint extract—the possibilities are endless!
Instructions for Making Buttercream Frosting
Now that you have all the ingredients that you need, let’s get started on your delicious buttercream frosting!
- First, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the softened butter until it is light and fluffy—this should take about two minutes.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating each cup until it is fully incorporated before adding another cup. After all four cups are incorporated into the mixture,
- Now reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add in your heavy cream (or whole milk), while simultaneously adding in your desired flavoring extract(s).
Once everything has been added in and mixed together until creamy and smooth, turn off your mixer and transfer the frosting into an airtight container. Further, store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Making homemade buttercream frosting couldn’t be easier! All it takes are four simple ingredients—unsalted butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream/whole milk, and flavoring extract—and about five minutes of mixing time for a delicious treat perfect for any occasion.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try today! With some practice and experimentation with flavors, you can make any cake look like it was made by a professional baker! Enjoy!