Delicious Coffee Cake Recipe To Try This Weekend
Are you looking for something special to make this weekend? Look no further than this delicious coffee cake recipe! This moist and flavorful coffee cake is sure to please your taste buds and satisfy your sweet tooth. The best part? It’s super easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. Let's get baking!
Ingredients for the Batter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
For the Topping
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly (1/2 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated then add in vanilla extract followed by buttermilk until everything is mixed together well.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients from the medium bowl into the wet ingredients in the large bowl and mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared cake pan.
- OR you can avoid all the above mentioned steps and use our simple vanilla cake premix to prepare the cake.
- Set aside while making the topping mixture.
- To make the topping mixture, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until mixed.
- Then, drizzle melted butter on top of the batter and sprinkle the topping mixture evenly across the entire surface of the cake.
- The next step is to bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown on top and center tests are done when pierced with a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake. Remove from the oven once done baking.
- Let cool before slicing into wedges or serving as is with optional powdered sugar on top if desired.
- To make it even better, you can top your cake with either chocolate ganache or heavy whipped cream for that delicious extra taste. And for sure, the whole thing is going to look splendid.
Ready to get your bake on? With this delicious coffee cake recipe you can easily whip up something special for yourself or your family this weekend! With only a few simple ingredients required it’s definitely worth giving it a try! Enjoy every last bite!