Custard Pudding Cake: The Perfect Dessert For Any Occasion
Craving something sweet but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen? This custard pudding cake is the perfect solution! It's quick and easy to make, and can be served with a variety of toppings to suit any taste. Best of all, it's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you feeling guilty. So what are you waiting for? Give this delicious dessert a try today!
- 6 Tbsp sugar
For Custard pudding
- 4 eggs
- 400 ml milk
- 50 g sugar
- Vanilla essence
For Sponge Cake
- 3 eggs
- 50 g sugar
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 90 g plain flour sifted
- 2 Freshly cut strawberries
- 3 Mint leaves
- To make the caramel, place the sugar in a small saucepan. 2 tbsp water, dissolved Cook over medium heat until the syrup turns golden. Cooking should not be stirred. When the caramel is dark brown, add 2 tablespoons of water and shake the saucepan to combine.
- Pour the caramel into the cake pan and swirl it around until it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Add milk to a saucepan and gently heat until it is warm.
- For the pudding, combine the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix in the warmed milk thoroughly. Using a sieve, strain the custard pudding mixture into the cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for the sponge until fluffy. Fold in the flour and oil. Fill the tin halfway with cake batter.
- Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Fill the tray with water to bathe the tin.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 160°C. After 25 minutes, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Place in the refrigerator until chilled. Top with freshly cut strawberries and garnish with mint leaves and serve.
This easy-to-make, and delicious dessert is sure to please everyone. So next time you need a quick and tasty dessert, remember: custard pudding cake is always the answer!
Read More on Tropolite's Ultimate Bundt Cake Recipe