A Valentine’s Day Cake Recipe To Woo That Special One
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and there’s no better way to show your love than with a delicious, homemade cake. This heart-shaped vanilla Valentine’s day cake recipe with strawberry frosting tastes as good as it looks, and it only requires little ingredients! So, if you’re looking for a great way to surprise your loved one this Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with this easy-to-make dessert.
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 box of Tropolite Vanilla Cake Premix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 heart shaped baking pans (8 inch)
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of Tropolite’s Premium Whipping Cream
Procedure for Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour the two 8 inch heart shaped baking pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake premix, oil and water until they are combined and smooth. Be sure that all ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared baking pans. Place them on the center rack of your preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Now cut 4 layers of the sponge and allow cakes to cool completely before frosting them with strawberry frosting.
Procedure for Frosting
- Start by washing and hulling the strawberries. Cut each one into small pieces and place them in a pan. Add the sugar and water and heat until you get a strawberry puree. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, whip up two cups of Tropolite’s Premium Whipping Cream until it forms soft peaks (this should take about 5 minutes). Then add the strawberry puree and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form (about 2 more minutes).
- Now add the strawberry whipped cream between the layers of the sponge. Apply the frosting on top of the cake and top it off with strawberries.
Your delicious Valentine’s day cake for that special romantic moment is ready to be served. This recipe is sure to impress your loved one, and can be easily made at home.