A Decadent Chocolate Ganache Cake for the Chocoholic in you!
Every time you take a bite of a chocolate cake, it always tastes different yet amazing. But that’s the thing about chocolate cakes. You can never go wrong. While store bought cake always manages to hit the mark when it comes to texture and taste, nothing compares to the taste of a freshly baked cake from scratch. Check out chocolate cake premix and wonder ganache for a quick alternate solution when you need to quickly bake. This chocolate ganache cake recipe combines the heavenly texture of chocolate ganache with which you can’t help but keep wishing for more. The texture of chocolate ganache gives you a craving that makes anyone come back for more. Here’s a recipe that every chocolate lover must try and your quick guide to a heart full of compliments.
What you need
- Egg (Large) - 1
- Granulated Sugar - 1 Cup
- Plain, vanilla, or chocolate yogurt (thicker Greek-style preferred. Would not recommend diet, fat-free or light yogurt; sour cream is a good substitute)- 6 ounces
- Canola or vegetable oil-1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Brewed coffee ( Must be room temperature or warm)- 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened natural cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt (optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips)- 9 ounces
- Heavy cream or half-and-half- 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Oven must be preheated at 350° F. Grease and flour a 9-by-9 inch square baking pan or line it with aluminium foil and cooking spray.
- Mix the egg, sugar, yogurt, oil, vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Next add coffee and cocoa powder. Whisk continuously and vigorously to make sure the batter is well combined and has a smooth texture.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and keep whisking for about a minute, until the batter has come together.
- Transfer the loose and moderately runny batter into the prepped pan. Bake for 25 minutes until the top looks set and a toothpick when inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Make sure the cake cools down completely before icing it with the ganache or slicing and serving it.
Heat the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on high power in order to soften the chocolate and set it aside.
Heat the cream in a smaller microwave-safe bowl just until it begins to show bubbles or signs of boiling. An approximate time would be 60-75 seconds on high power.
Pour the hot cream on top of the chocolate and let it rest for a minute. Whisk away in order to make sure the chocolate melts completely until texture is smooth and velvety.
Mix in vanilla (or any optional flavour of liking) and stir until combined. Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes so that the ganache can become cool and thick.
Before pouring the mixture all over the cake, whisk it briefly to get a smooth consistency. Spread the ganache in a light and smooth manner with a spatula or offset knife.
Let the ganache settle on the cake at room temperature for atleast 30 mins or place it in the refrigerator to speed up the process. Slice and Enjoy after!
Baking a cake can be a tedious process, while we love baking one from scratch it is not always possible when you need to whip something up quick and easy. Here is where Tropolite steps in, we are a one stop shop for cake mix and whipped cream solutions. From non-dairy whipping cream, white bread mix to red velvet cake ingredients we have got everything you need to carve the baker inside you. Contact us to learn more about the exclusive range of products we offer!
The Bakers Basket 2-Tropolite Ecotrop Whipping Cream 1kg x 2 & Morde Dark Compound 400g x 3
Rs. 755 Rs. 845 11% OffView Product
Tropolite Variety Mix - Chocolate 500 g & Vanilla 500 g Combo Pack - Premix for Egg Free Sponge & Muffins
Rs. 310 Rs. 375 17% OffView Product