The Best Chocolate Dessert Recipe!
What do dense, fudge middles with crinkly tops remind you the most? Undoubtedly, the most popular chocolate dessert recipes of all time- The classic chocolate brownie! You might be wondering whether the world needs another brownie recipe. It most certainly does! One of the best parts about baking is its constant experimentation and innovation.
Evertyime you google chocolate dessert recipes you are sure to find a brownie recipe on top, you know what they say “when you're downie, eat a brownie”!
Here is a divine brownie recipe that is right up our alley, a take on the classic little Debbies 'cosmic brownie'. This 90s chocolate dessert, popular for its melt-in-mouth ultra chewy texture, is sure to keep you happy as Larry!
History of cosmic brownies
Cosmic brownies are an invention of Little Debbie that was popular among kids in the 1990s. A classic elementary lunchbox favorite, these ultra chewy brownies dotted with rainbow sprinkles are super sweet and taste a little artificial.
Here is a perfect alternative to this popular snack that tastes absolutely divine. Avoid chemicals and artificial flavors with these homemade brownies, as they bring back some nostalgic memories!
These galactic treats result from the Cosmic bowling trend where bowling would take place under special illumination lights with lasers and music. This recipe is an excellent alternative to the store-bought recipe that would leave you like a brownie connoisseur in no time!
What you need
For the brownies:
- Unsalted butter 142gm (10 tbsp)
- Granulated sugar 200gm ( 1 cup)
- Light brown sugar 67gm ( 1/3 cup)
- Unsweetened sifted cocoa powder 88gm ( 3/4 cup plus two)
- Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
- Eggs 2 large + 1 egg yolk
- Corn syrup 1 tbsp
- All-purpose flour 85gm ( 2/3 cup)
- Corn starch 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Heavy cream 1/2 cup
- Semisweet chocolate chips 255gm (1.5 cups )
- Mini M&Ms, candy or sprinkles of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- In 8-by 8-inch metal baking pan lined with parchment, spray ample cooking spray
- Melt butter on high power for 90 seconds and stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Once this mixture is cooled down, add the vanilla, eggs, egg yolk and corn syrup. Stir until it combines well
- Finally, add the flour, cornstarch and salt. Stir until just combined. Pour this thick batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 mins.
Wait till the pan cools down. Spread the frosting and top with some sprinkles. Your preservative-free galactic treats are now ready to serve!
Already loving our chocolate dessert recipes? check out this deep, dark and decadent Lava brookie recipe that is crisp on the outside and has a beautiful gooey fudge on the inside.
Another quick and easy method to prepare the frosting is to use a good quality chocolate ganache that has the perfect smooth silk texture. If you're a beginner and hate getting your hands soiled check out Tropolite’s Wonder chocolate ganache which provides a quick and ready to use option.
Still checking where to buy the best whipped cream brand in India? Check out Tropolite's premium products ranging from truffle base to vanilla cake premix. Go ahead, bake the world a better place! We’ve got you covered.