Learn How to Make Red Velvet Cake
Very simple to prepare red velvet cake is the star of the show! Each mouthful has a mouthwatering velvet-like texture and is softer than most cakes. In essence, it is a chocolate cake that uses very little cocoa powder. The acidic buttermilk and vinegar react with the chocolate to keep the cake moist, fluffy, and light. Although the flavor is exquisitely rich, the taste of the chocolate is rather modest.
How to make red velvet cake using red velvet premix:
- 2 and 1/2 cups (350g) of plain cake flour
- sifted (or all-purpose/plain flour);
- 1/2 cup (120g) of unsalted butter;
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) caster sugar (or fine white granulated sugar);
- 1/4 cup cooking oil;
- 1 tablespoon (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder and an extra tablespoon for dusting;
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons (45ml) red food coloring (liquid, not gel) or red velvet premix;
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
Visit Tropilite in order to get the best products online!
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and take two 8-inch cake pans, lightly greased with butter before being lightly dusted with sifted cocoa powder.
- Blend sugar and butter until they are light in color. Then blend the oil, remaining cocoa powder, red food coloring or red velvet premix, and vanilla in a separate dish until smooth. The creamed sugar mixture should be combined with the vinegar and color mixture.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly after adding half of the dry ingredients and half of the buttermilk to the wet ones. Repeat with the buttermilk and remaining dry ingredients and spread the mixture evenly between the two preheated pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Complete cooling on a wire rack and place 1 cake flat-side down on a serving platter or dish. To later produce a flat bottom, remove the cake's top dome. Spread a generous 1 1/2 to 2 cups of frosting evenly on the cake's top.
- Top off the cake with the second cake layer and cover the top and sides with the remaining frosting. To decorate, crumble cake trimmings.
Enjoy! Your red velvet premix cake is all ready to serve!
(If you wish to go for a cake using plum cake premix or vanilla cake premix, the steps will be more or less the same. You just need to see the flavoring part and you are good to go!)
Image by MartinL21 from Pixabay
The Bakers Basket 2-Tropolite Ecotrop Whipping Cream 1kg x 2 & Morde Dark Compound 400g x 3
Rs. 755 Rs. 845 11% OffView Product
Tropolite Variety Mix - Chocolate 500 g & Vanilla 500 g Combo Pack - Premix for Egg Free Sponge & Muffins
Rs. 310 Rs. 375 17% OffView Product